SBS Good Morning show recently went behind the scenes on the set of ‘Lie to Me’ with Yoon Eun Hye, Kang Ji Hwan, and the rest of cast. The cast and crew were filming what appeared to be a small party behind hosted by Hyun Ki Joon (Kang Ji Hwan) and Gong Ah Jung (Yoon Eun Hye) and Ki Joon’s house. The two charasmatic leads were interviewed and are seen conversing with one another between scenes.
Dailymotion Copy (if you’re blocked by SBS)
- Kang Ji Hwan thinks Yoon Eun Hye is a great singer
- Kang Ji Hwan and Yoon Eun Hye have gone to karaoke together before
- Kang Ji Hwan asked Yoon Eun Hye to choose a tie, but she said she didn’t know much about ties.
- While Kang Ji Hwan was fanning Yoon Eun Hye, she said, “He’s too good looking that whichever tie he puts on, the tie will die” and KJH replied, “Oh man, she always says stuff like that” and fans his very blushing face. The pink one that she kept touching is the one they went with in the scene.
- The singing scene was meant to be awkward but they were too in sync with each another that it came out as well practiced.
- When asked how it felt to act with Yoon Eun Hye, Kang Ji Hwan said, “It’s the best combo. In romcoms, the chemistry between the two leads is vital and since Yoon Eun Hye is the queen of romcoms, I find myself just blending in through her. Although she’s young, at times she’s like a noona as she’s always taking care of people, looking out for us. It might be because she started in this business at such a young age that these kinds actions have become a habit, but I think she’s great.
- When asked about working with Kang Ji Hwan, Yoon Eun Hye said, “He’s got great manners and he looks out for not only the female actors but the staff members as well. I also think we have really good chemistry.. but that could just be my opinion hehe.”
At this point in the drama, the couple has fully embraced their lie and are hosting many of Gong Ah Jung’s supposed friends. The photogenic couple also sang karaoke and pretended to be lovey-dovey to keep up the facade.
Between scenes, Kang Ji Hwan and Yoon Eun Hye were rehearsing lines and generally trying to cool off as it appeared to be quite hot in the closed space with all the extra lighting. Kang Ji Hwan at one point was cooling Yoon Eun Hye with a mini-fan as she was answering a question.
It looks like the two are getting along well and joking around with each other on set. Sparks are certainly set to fly as well now that their characters are agreeing to enter a fake marriage. ‘Lie to Me’ airs Mondays and Tuesdays on SBS at 9:55pm KST. Don’t miss it!