The overall design of the site has been refreshed and the software behind has been upgraded. There are also a few new user features as well.
I strongly recommend browsing this site using Firefox, Safari, or Opera. Any of these browsers are much better than Internet Explorer. As of this update, this site no longer supports Internet Explorer 6 (IE6). If you use IE6, many parts of the site will be broken.
If you must use Internet Explorer, please upgrade to IE8. Not just for this site, but you should upgrade anyway for security reasons. Even in IE8, I’ve noticed the site takes a long time to finish loading and I’m not sure what’s causing this yet. The site loads fine in other browsers.
If you notice some area of the site where something looks weird, isn’t aligned correctly, or just doesn’t seem to work, please post a comment here describing the problem. However if you’re experiencing problems on IE6, please upgrade to a better browser.
Changes and New Features (v2.0)
- The overall design has been updated
- Integrated forum and improved interface with more topic/subforum information at a glance
- Dropdowns for improved blog post browsing
- Threaded comments (you can reply directly to specific comments)
- New Community section with site-wide activity feed
- Profile status updates
- New “About Me” profile fields (age, gender, location)
- Twitter updates
- Login and logout now takes you back to previous page instead of the homepage
- Username in admin bar (grey bar up top)
- “My Account” in admin bar links to your profile page
- Set your own password at registration (for new users)
- Register and Login links moved to top right in admin (so it doesn’t take up valuable menu space)
- Delete posts from your Wire
It’s not a new feature, but I’ve re-opened blog post commenting to everyone. I restricted it members as a test and forgot to turn it off.
State of the Site (as of January 20, 2010)
Stats since site launch about 5 months ago on August 26, 2009:
- 363 registered members
- 49,914 visits
- 21,980 unique visitors
- 201,261 page views
- 400 blog post comments
- 524 forum posts in 89 topics
- 202,055 video views
Let’s hope this site hits new peaks in 2010 and Yoon Eun Hye enjoys more success!