Park Yong-ha Suicide, Serial 'Love Song' Threatened Cancel

Please login to reply.
26 posts
  1. Avatar Image

• Unregistered

Seoul, Park Yong-ha, South Korean actor found dead at his residence. Before the suicide, Park plans to perform in the drama series 'Love Song'.

As reported by allkpop, Wednesday (30/06/2010), 'Love Song' is a television drama series, adapted from the Chinese film 'Comrades: Almost a Love Story'. In the movie, Park agreed to become the main star.

'Love Song' by Oh Soo Yun worked on the previous success through the 'Winter Sonata', the series also starring Park. In addition to Park, the series will also be starring actress Yoon Eun-Hye.

The plan, 'Love Song' is scheduled to begin shooting in August. However, it seems the plan would fail, after the actor who is now 32-year-old was found hanging himself on Wednesday (6/30/2010), 5:30 pm local time. =(

Seoul Metropolitan Police said Park hanging himself with a cell phone charger cord. But until now the police are still doing further investigation.

Source: http://us.detikhot.com/read/2010/06/30/131656/1390119/230/park-yong-ha-bunuh-diri-serial-love-song-terancam-batal

2. Avatar Image

Leez Omar

Oh no.. another sad news... :cry:
    I have put too much hope that this drama will continue to begin shooting.. unfortunately it will not come true..

3. Avatar Image

Fresh02

Let's not jump to conclusions. This article doesn't actually quote anyone from production saying the drama might be cancelled.

Please follow the Forum Rules and Content Usage Policy, thank you!
  4. Avatar Image

aerie_chan

if that's true, than will this project be delay or just cancel? I think we will have to wait for futher news... and hopefully this wont happen.
    Our hope will be.... :cry:

5. Avatar Image

julieng

Dear Fresh02, I saw some pictures of our YEH in krfilm.net(page 59) visiting PYH's funeral. But I don't know how to bring them over here for us to see. She looked good and sad at the same time. I think if you scan some picture of YEH over your site, I think our warriors luv to see her latest pics. Thanks and do your magic.lol

6. Avatar Image

• Unregistered

Fresh02 said:
    Please post the source of this information. If you copied it from another site, please credit them.

i took this article from website in my language.. indonesia.. sorry for that.. this is thesource

i hope this is just an issues. =(

7. Avatar Image

Viola501

I was gonna edit this thread but we can always leave it to our mighty Fresh oppa :D
    [Knock me if you want help]

Personally, I'm very worried about whom to be chosen for Park Yong Ha's role. The guy maybe forever labeled as his replacement and PYH name is gonna be used forever. It might be better to let things cool down before they start to promote the series

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE POSTING
  8. Avatar Image

RinAiz

:cry:

really hope they didn't cancel the drama...

!! it's okay producers & directors.. We will be able to wait few months more.. !!

Just please don't call it off..

YEH was just starting to make her comeback after MFL.. don't end her intentions into the small screen..
    :cry: :cry: =(

9. Avatar Image

CDBloom

I saw an article with the production team stating that "For a time being, we really won't be able to move on with the drama." And I think some news writers are taking this as possibility of the production falling apart. I did see couple articles that said the project is threatened, but at this point, the only quote I have from the production team is that "For a time being, we really won't be able to move on with the drama."

But here's the thing...

Since it's only been a day since PYH (RIP) passed away, the production team really can't say anything yet. Plus they have to be sensitive towards the death. So I think we have to wait for more, clear information. It will probably come a bit later..

However, there's a lot of investment from both Japan and Korea in this project..I'd be surprised if they canceled it completely.

10. Avatar Image

Viola501

CDBloom said:
    I saw an article with the production team stating that "For a time being, we really won't be able to move on with the drama." And I think some news writers are taking this as possibility of the production falling apart. I did see couple articles that said the project is threatened, but at this point, the only quote I have from the production team is that "For a time being, we really won't be able to move on with the drama."

But here's the thing...

Since it's only been a day since PYH (RIP) passed away, the production team really can't say anything yet. Plus they have to be sensitive towards the death. So I think we have to wait for more, clear information. It will probably come a bit later..

However, there's a lot of investment from both Japan and Korea in this project..I'd be surprised if they canceled it completely.

I agreed. I don't think it would be completely canceled but I'm still worried (-_-)
    As Korea is a conservative country. I think it would come out very rude and improper to ask for new actor immediately after PYH's death. So would like to ask all Warriors to stay calm and give respect and condolence to this established actor. We indirectly represent the image of YEH and her fandom in a way, so we shouldn't be buzzing around and patiently wait for the clearer info ^^

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE POSTING
  11. Avatar Image

julieng

Hi,I have a question to all Korean persons in this site. Are Korean people believe in bad luck if main actors took his own life before drama start? I always see the ceremeny open with the pig head and they kneeling down to bow for good luck in drama. In this PYH case that make me think maybe that why they holding out this drama for a while. I just wonder...I will be sad if is permanent cancel, just hoping and praying for PYH and xtra for our YEH.

12. Avatar Image

CDBloom

julieng said:
    Hi,I have a question to all Korean persons in this site. Are Korean people believe in bad luck if main actors took his own life before drama start? I always see the ceremeny open with the pig head and they kneeling down to bow for good luck in drama. In this PYH case that make me think maybe that why they holding out this drama for a while. I just wonder...I will be sad if is permanent cancel, just hoping and praying for PYH and xtra for our YEH.

Julieng..

I don't think there's a general belief that it would bring a bad luck in this case. I think it's a personal issue, where some may find it a bad luck, and some may not. I would assume that most won't find this sad situation as bad luck. I think it may take some time to find a lead, who is not only popular overseas but also accepted in Korea for his acting ability. As you can probably guess, there aren't many candidates to start out. And some of the possible candidates may have other obligations in hand. But I'm sure they will work to find the actors. It'll take some time. As sad as recent event has been, I'm sure people who respect and like PYH would also want the project to continue. In time, I'm sure we'll hear something.

13. Avatar Image

yodya

Seriously, when I read the content, I didn't find where in the article saying anything about "cancellation".

Even the highlighted part says

The plan, 'Love Song' is scheduled to begin shooting in August. However, it seems the plan would fail...

which meant only the "plan of shooting in Aug" is probably not happening due to the incident. It says nothing about cancellation of the whole project. (-_-)

And as Viola said, it'd be considered rude and un-professionalized if the production team is "eager" to find his replacement during this sensitive moment.

14. Avatar Image

anchisa

the drama maybe delayed but let's think positively so that the production would'nt be cancelled.. =) just like CDBloom said:

CDBloom said:

15. Avatar Image

Yoon Eun Ri

I hope this project will be delayed only temporarily.. =(
    Everyone is mourning the departure of actor Park Yong Ha..
    I hope he can rest in peace..
    For all teams who worked on the project would Love Song I hope they stay motivated..
    Of course YEH warrior we also keep the spirit..!!

16. Avatar Image

aerie_chan

I'm not eager to know what will they do next soon. It's only been 2 days of PYH's death... but I believe the filming date will be change or so... if the project is cencelled this will be another shock to us who have been waiting anxiously for this to come....
    So I will just stand by and wait what to come, and I'll have to be prepared... :???:

17. Avatar Image

Prince.R

To all my Fellow Yeh's warriors: They will not cancel the series because of all the publicity they are getting.Regardless of whom they are getting for a replacngment this series is going to be a great hit.Everyone on the set will work harder because they are going to be working under a microscope.They do however need to give a period of mourning for Park Yong Ha(RIP). This is so tragic, and i hope something good come out of it like setting up counseling for celebrities.They have a lot more pressure than the average person and they are human just like us inside.

The only thing that I can relate to this is the making of Spiderman the movie..there was a death in the begining of the first spiderman movie and it went on to be a super blockbuster. I hope this is the case for Yeh. I miss her so much and hope to see her back in action again.

18. Avatar Image

starfish2812

its really saddening me to know that PYH had killed himself what a life. BUT for YEH n d production team please keep your spirit as we have to lived our life. So many people in here and all over the world counting for YEH new project. (sori netizen dont meant to be insensitive).

19. Avatar Image

eunchan05

>> lets be positive ! c'mon guys ..the news was very shocking, just think that the drama wouldn't be cancelled . hope not !

My world is a better place! BECAUSE YOU'RE IN IT !

20. Avatar Image

Sarah Tran

i think they (producers) will find another actor for this drama. i'm just afraid for the atmosphere when they carry out the scenes, because they will keep remembering that it might have been PYH playing that role instead of the actor they replaced for the role :(

Yoon Eun Hye onnie