Philippine adaptation of Coffee Prince

Please login to reply.
97 posts
  1. Avatar Image

janelle03

There's a possibility of Philippine adaptation of a hit Korean Drama Coffee Prince. Ms. Carla Abellana (picture at the right side) and Ms Chynna Ortaleza (picture at the left side) is the top choice to play the role of Go Eun Chan or Andi Go. Coffee Prince aired in GMA7 (network in the Philippines) last January 2008. this is not officially confirmed by the network of GMA7. Otherwise, if none of them got the role because of it's still rumored in our country, the remake of coffee prince is still pursue by the network.this is also the petition thread of coffee prince in the Philippines

source:
    coffee prince remake threads (GMA7)
    Carla Abellana's thread (GMA7)

2 people appreciate this post: cdbloom, justme
  2. Avatar Image

EunNa (안젤라)

om0na!!?. . My friend just t0ld me ab0ut this last night when i was chatting with him at fb. . So GMA is really going to pursue the remake of CP? This rum0r came out 2yrs. ago but I think this time they will do it since GMA had made l0ts of kdrama remake like Stairway to heaven, Fullhouse and Autumn in my heart. .
    . . Now, I'm afraid if this 2 actress can give justice to Go Eun chan's character. . IMO, these 2 didnt fit the r0le. . Alth0ugh I see that Carla Avelana can surely carry the b0yish cl0thes EunChan always wears in CP, i still doubt her when it c0mes to acting skills. . If you'll ask me about Chynna Ortaleza, (no offense) I totally d0nt like her to p0rtray the r0le of YEH. .
    I'll prefer Kris Bernal when it c0mes to acting skills coz she can express any kinds of em0ti0ns when she's infr0nt of the camera. She's really a go0d actress. She's pretty and cute at the same time. But she's too small (she lo0ks like Ariel Lin of Taiwan!) . They should also c0nsider other actress like Ryza Cen0n and Jackie Rice(her acting is n0w impr0ving but she's in Illumina which is currently airing)
    if only Angel L0csin was still on Ch7, im pretty sure she'll get the r0le.

""We still dont have a single wedding picture.But everyday we fall inlove again.Living a magical life.Love perhaps is similar 2 taking care of a garden.Hoping dat in ur garden,a beautiful flower will bloom,a cool breeze will blow in d presence of a warm sunlight. And occasionally, a magical shower.." -Secret Garden
    3 people appreciate this post: joanpuig80, mayzie, Roxy
  3. Avatar Image

CDBloom

Ah..I've seen many people from Philippines who wanted Chynna Ortaleza to do Coffee Prince. Never saw her act before, but it's exciting that there may be a different version of the drama out. The difference in culture (that I have limited knowledge of) and its portrayal is very interesting to me...I've been waiting for more news on the Taiwan CP version, but its nice to hear that there may be yet another version coming out. =)

4. Avatar Image

sarah

it sounds interesting that they might come up with a philippine version...and since i'm a filipina, i agree with eunna, that chynna and carla doesn't fit the role of Go Eun Chan...ive seen them act...they don't fit the role..no offense, i have no bad feeling about them...but i hope they will find another option...because i'm a big fan of YEH, im so afraid that someone can't justify her role on another culture version of Coffee Prince... =)

2 people appreciate this post: mayzie, Roxy
  5. Avatar Image

YEHfan

sarah said:
    it sounds interesting that they might come up with a philippine version...and since i'm a filipina, i agree with eunna, that chynna and carla doesn't fit the role of Go Eun Chan...ive seen them act...they don't fit the role..no offense, i have no bad feeling about them...but i hope they will find another option...because i'm a big fan of YEH, im so afraid that someone can't justify her role on another culture version of Coffee Prince... =)

Definitely no offense to our local actresses and with due respect to the artist and their fans, all above comments are very correct and well said. I can only hope who ever the actress is - please please do justice to the role immortalized by Miss Yoon Eun Hye. It is a hard and tough act to follow, sadly anyone can and may fail in comparison. So . . . . Good Luck! :worried:

2 people appreciate this post: Roxy, nd14
  6. Avatar Image

EunNa (안젤라)

I am h0ping that the possibility of these two actress to play as GEC is really just a rum0r. . There are l0ts of g0od actress here in the Philippines, GMA7 must be very careful in ch0osing act0rs and actresses to be part of CP. . Their remake of Stairway to Heaven and Fullh0use was a success (and Endless love Autumn in my heart which is currently airing is receiving much attenti0n in public viewers) do you guys see h0w Dennis Trillo perfectly play the r0le of Andrew? Aigoo, I alm0st see Wonbin on him.
    So I'm h0ping that GMA7 can also bring CP Phil.versi0n to its success (if they really have plans for remake). . I d0nt want to be disapp0inted bc0z CP was the n0.1 kdrama on my list so far.
    I am also thinking who might play Choi Han kyul's r0le. . I can't think of any act0rs suitable f0r the r0le. Even in k0rean entertainment, i dont think any korean act0rs can play CHK better than GongYoo. Bc0z Hankyul is GongYoo itself. And GongYoo as Hankyul is indeed perfect.

""We still dont have a single wedding picture.But everyday we fall inlove again.Living a magical life.Love perhaps is similar 2 taking care of a garden.Hoping dat in ur garden,a beautiful flower will bloom,a cool breeze will blow in d presence of a warm sunlight. And occasionally, a magical shower.." -Secret Garden
  7. Avatar Image

janelle03

In an interview, Ms.Carla Abellana deny that she will play the role of Andi Go or Go eun chan in coffee prince, because after her project Basahang Ginto, there would be another project lined up for her and that is not coffee prince.

So don't worry guys this is still a rumor for who will play the role of Go eun chan. I'm sure GMA7 will give the best for their televiewers because coffee prince is very popular in Philippines and their are so many Filipino love this Korean drama and they don't want to disappoint them. =)

As Eunna said, The remake of GMA7 of Stairway to Heaven and Fullhouse was a success (and Endless love Autumn in my heart which is currently airing is receiving much attenti0n in public viewers),I'm confident that they will choose great Actor/Actress for Coffee Prince that will surely fit and qualified to give justice for the roles. So let's just wait for the upcoming news. =)

Again, the role for Go Eun chan is still a rumored, and this is not officially final.. =)

8. Avatar Image

am92189

actually other rumored actress to play go eunchan's role is jennica garcia...
    but i don't know if i'll be comfortable to watch a cp remake... hehehehehe...
    i'm so into the story and the actors that i think nobody ca replace them...
    but i think i'll just wait for it... as janelle said full house, stairway to heaven and endless love are doing good so there could be a chance that a cp remake will be as good...

9. Avatar Image

bebsy26

hehehe....i really understand the feelings there!!! =P
    chyna ortaleza is a good actress, i think personaly i find her intelligent as of her status in the our local philippine showbizness,but still i don't find her fit the role coz she lacks the witty and bubbly go eun chan style in coffee prince,also she's not really that "viewer capturer" kinda actress(i love to know it to be a hit) although she's good.
    Well as i know about carla abellana although she is from the family lines of showbiz pioneers, i think she don't have the personality of "masculinity" in go eun chan.....fyi,carla ablellana always go on loveteams,cute,love story drama as of now,and as i know hehehe.....im almost a "kapuso"viewer actually heheheh
    When talk about angel locsin....it's 45% out of 100 =D,..ok i vote for jenica garcia 48% out of 100 hehehehe =P but!!!she's so petite...i think she cant carry a sack of coffee bag hehehe
    agree!!!i really want to do justice in the role of go eun chan coz YEH was her most outstanding and ever award winning doing that drama.... =D
    anyways it's just a rumor....let's just hope they don't have a remake!!!hehee
    i dont want any other version!!dont like!!!!!hehe am i being selfish??? :roll: PEACE!!!! =P

10. Avatar Image

melodyfair

A Phil. remake of CP that's good, but I also agree that Carla and Chynfna aren't good choice for the role. If only Carmina, Gellie and Maricel Soriano are still younger, they are among the best choices. I think LJ Reyes among today's young stars suits the role best but since she's preggy well that is another problem. Chris Bernal is too soft spoken so I don't think she is also a good choice, Jenica would be more convincing. I don't know anymore let's just wait and see whoever will be chosen, or better yet they can just conduct an audition. Well anyway, good luck for this project. Hope they can make as good and as convincing as the original.

1 person appreciates this post: Roxy
  11. Avatar Image

Zell_DX

Damn to all that approve this remake, no offence, but please don't think of doing this GMA7 CP is (for me) the greatest work YEH has yet done. i'm just being selfish here because i just don't want CP to be tarnished by another version. for now i don't see anyone in the phils capable of portraying the Go Eun Chan YEH portrayed. if GMA7 realy is doing this, i think many will be disappointed.

PLEASE DON'T TOUCH COFFEE PRINCE. IT IS SACRED FOR US...

2 people appreciate this post: mayzie, Roxy
  12. Avatar Image

MadRyn

Zell_DX said:
    doing this, i think many will be disappointed.

I so agree. I wanted to say that myself when I first saw this post but was afraid to get all the Pinoy and Pinay fans upset but to me all of YEH's Series are Sacred. I know that the best complement is for some one to copy but I'm a purist and nothing beat's the original.

<---- Sig by Yodya
    2 people appreciate this post: Roxy, Sakura
  13. Avatar Image

CDBloom

Hmmm.. :lol:
    Didn't realize that many people wouldn't want another version of Coffee Prince, but I understand why now.. ;)

Here's the thing though..
    I think whether Taiwan or Philippines make another version of CP or not, YEH's CP will always have its special place as the original..It's just that other versions may show a different charm, culture and/or presentation to the same theme...
    And just like BBF and other dramas that have several international versions of the story, remakes do honor the original story and versions in that it showcases the viewer's love for the original project..

I think the key is not to make it exactly the same, but work to change and add to it to make it interesting and different...

But having said that, I agree CP is a special drama...
    And I can understand some people not wanting remakes..
    Whatever happens, hopefully it will turn out for the best.. =)
    And fans would be happy with the decision or results..

4 people appreciate this post: jadeyYEH, Mitzi (ɔ‾ з ‾)ɔ , mayzie, Roxy
  14. Avatar Image

EunNa (안젤라)

Zell_DX said:
    Damn to all that approve this remake, no offence, but please don't think of doing this GMA7 CP is (for me) the greatest work YEH has yet done. i'm just being selfish here because i just don't want CP to be tarnished by another version. for now i don't see anyone in the phils capable of portraying the Go Eun Chan YEH portrayed. if GMA7 realy is doing this, i think many will be disappointed.

lols. . I also felt the same way when i first heard the rum0r (alm0st 2yrs. ago) that they'll gonna have a remake for CP. . At that time I like CP so much n0t wanting to see any other versi0n of it . Bcoz I never thought of seeing Eunchan and Hankyul being portrayed by other act0rs. . And until n0w, my love for CP has never been lessen even abit.
    But what are we g0nna do?? . . GMA may already have the rights for CP remake. .
    So what I'm h0ping is that they will ch0ose the best actors and actress that will suits for the r0le. The best thing GMA can do is to c0nduct an auditi0n for all Kapuso artist.

And since we d0nt 0wn this drama, (we are fans and viewers) lets n0t be selfish. . YEH might n0t like us being like this. . If she knew that her drama will have a remake in other c0untry, im sure she'll be glad bc0z that only means that her drama is indeed well-kn0wn overseas.

Most of all, being a Filipino, i believe in the capability of GMA and its artists that they will never g0nna disap0int the viewers.

Fighting!

N0thing beats the original ~~

2 people appreciate this post: dangyunhaji, Roxy
  15. Avatar Image

MadRyn

I guess there is no harm in remakes even it's is a bad remake.

I've seen a couple bad remake and all I did was watch two minutes and then turn off the tv. My Sassy Girl-US version, X-Man, Memoirs of a Geisha, Dragon Ball Z and Tenis Prince live Action. I just hope GMA doesn't butcher this series and embarrass themselves in the process.

<---- Sig by Yodya
  16. Avatar Image

Zell_DX

well yes what can we do...its just that all of the remake that GMA7 does is not good. it just like copying a the set of characters but putting then in a whole different story.

i really just hope that this is only a rumor and will not materialized at the end.

MOD NOTE: Posts merged. Please do not double post. See Forum Rules.

17. Avatar Image

melodyfair

It is so touching to know that there are really lots of fans that love YEH so much and really die hard. Well, it is true that original is always original, and isn't it an honor that because CP is really highly appreciated and extremely loved by many fans, and so that's why a lot of production outfit wants a remake of this drama? and because they also want to have a share of its fame and popularity and believe in its bankability that's why they want an imitation? Well, for me I don't mind a remake, because no matter how many remake there will be the original will always be the same. We love you so much YEH, you're really blessed and lucky. Remain good hearted for I believe it has been your best asset. God bless you always. :!!!:

1 person appreciates this post: Roxy
  18. Avatar Image

LittlePrince

So!, they are really going to push through with it huh.. I saw Chynna Ortaleza and Richard Gutierrez at CKS airport in Taiwan years ago .. with Tanya Garcia.. I observed them from afar.. and i think Chynna can deliver but im not saying she will make a great GEC.. but, Chynna and Richard can be.. GEC and CHK .. acting wise, Jolina can deliver as well.. ahahaha.. GMA should be very careful in choosing on who will be whom... :lol:

19. Avatar Image

yooniza

..no offense guys..but I think..no need to remake the CP..if they want..I'd rather choose Sarah Geronimo or Jennilyn Mercado to portray the role..but Yoon Eun Hye onni is still the best among the rest.. =D

[MOD note: please do not double post. See forum rules]

20. Avatar Image

eunchan05

Please !! i do not want a Philippine version of coffee prince :x ! even though i'm a Filipina..
    For me, it's hard to find an actress that suits on Go Eun Chan's character. She's may be good but YEH unni is the best . (-_-)

My world is a better place! BECAUSE YOU'RE IN IT !

1 person appreciates this post: littlegirl17