1,500 posts
  1. Avatar Image

CDBloom

Lie To Me (SBS, 2011)

Monday-Tuesday SBS 9:55 PM (KOR)
    Program Directors: Kim Soo Ryong, Kwon Hyuk Chan
    Genre: Romantic Comedy
    Number of Episodes: 16
    Synopsis: A romantic comedy about a nobleman and a single woman who gets involved in a sweet and confrontational scandal.

Main Cast

Relationship Chart

Other Cast

Producer, Directors & Script Writer

[Cr. Character Descriptions: Eja & MariYEH@soompi.com, CDBloom, Official Poster: SBS via yoonie1003]

'Absolutely Precious Man' Kang Ji Hwan meets the 'Queen of Romantic Comedies' Yoon Eun Hye in 'Lie To Me'
    - Korea Economics, 4/8.

Kang Ji Hwan and Yoon Eun Hye has been confirmed to star in a new SBS Monday-Tuesday drama, 'Lie To Me' (Script: Kim Ye Ri, PD: Kim Soo Ryong).

SBS 'Lie To Me' will feature Korea's top nobleman (Hyun Ki Joon) and the most off-the-wall single girl in her 20's (Gong Ah Jung). It is a project that will display a confrontational, yet sweet scandal based on episodes that occurs after a most ridiculous lie.

Kang Ji Hwan will play Hyun Ki Joon of 'Lie To Me', who not only possess the looks, wealth, education, and fashion, but also have self-esteem, responsibility, knowledge, and manners. He will be a super elite hotel CEO. Yoon Eun Hye, who is his opposite actress, will play a 'mother's favorite daughter' character Gong Ah Jung, who is off-the-wall and extemporaneous but direct and determined. She is expected to create a character who will become the most lovable and diverse romantic comedies character.

In regards to his confirmation, Kang Ji Hwan stated, "I'm very happy to be able to greet the fans with an excellent project after such a long time. I have a high expectation that I'd be able to show the fans a different image than the ones in my past projects."

“Kang Ji Hwan has left the fans with strong impressions through his various transformations in movies and dramas. We expect that there will be an extraordinary synergy effect merely from the gathering of the two actors. Yoon Eun Hye, who has become the representing icon of women in their 20′s with her bubbly and pure, innocent charm. Yoon Eun Hye has been able to earn empathy from the viewers with her ability to instill innocent charm in her characters. We are confident that the two actors will be able to produce the most successful romantic comedy of all time.”

Meanwhile, 'Lie To Me' is becoming a hot topic with its cast of Kang Ji Hwan and Yoon Eun Hye. Kang Ji Hwan has become popular throughout Asia as a top star, and Yoon Eun Hye has been a hot actress performing in both dramas and movies. 'Lie To Me' will follow 'Midus' and is scheduled to begin airing on May 9th (Monday).

(Photo: Daum)
    Hankyung bnt News

Success Point!

PD Kim Soo Ryong, Writer Kim Ye Ri + Yoon Eun Hye

'Lie To Me' will be the most luxurious Hallyu drama made by the best staff members and actors.
    With a writer who has been selected via formal exhibition process, it will provide fun and laughter to the viewers who enjoy realistic characters and emotionally moving storyline.
    It will create a new Hallyu drama with PD kim Soo Ryong, who's sweet, emotionally moving and realistic projects have touched Asian markets. In addition, 'Lie To Me' will become a new Hallyu drama that grabs attention with top Hallyu star Yoon Eun Hye as the main character. 'Lie To Me' will be a well made Hallyu drama created by the best staff members possessing top cinematic quality. It will also have the highest promotional value with its best actors.

[Source: Covas.co.kr Proposal for Investors]

Sports Seoul Entertainment~4/7

On April 7th, there was a big chaos at the SBS Tanhyun Studio. Over 100 actors have gathered to audition for roles in a new SBS drama, 'Lie To Me', scheduled for May. It was a highly successful audition as so many actors gathered to audition for, not even main roles, but small roles. Actors were seen filling up the hallways, restrooms, and even the staircase and audition rooms, reading their scripts. They looked like they were present to take the college standardized exams. The reason for such big number of interest is because of PD Kim Soo Ryong. All of Kim Soo Ryong PD's projects had always received praises for his excellent job in directing. He even earned high praises from his harshest critics with 'Father's Home (2009)', starring Choi Min Soo. One manager at the audition stated, "We thought that our actor was big enough that we'd be able to easily earn a role. But after having arrived at the audition, we aren't so sure anymore. We realize Kim Soo Ryong PD's power once more."

This article was released before announcement of Kang Ji Hwan Casting.

Sports Chosun

Yoon Eun Hye will return to the small screen with 'Sweet Scandal'

It has been revealed that Yoon Eun Hye will be the lead actress in an upcoming SBS drama, 'Sweet Scandal'
    'Sweet Scandal' will tell a story of Gong Ah Jung (Yoon Eun Hye), who is an event marketing executive. Gong Ah Jung is an off-the-wall character who is shameless and blunt. She is a single and doesn't plan to get married, but lies to gain privileges that are afforded to a married woman.

SBS has stated, "We will invest our best in this drama. With Yoon Eun Hye's ratings producing power and our best staff members, we plan to create yet another romantic comedy syndrome. Kim Soo Ryong PD of 'Father's Home' and 'First Marriage', and Kwon Hyuk Chan PD of 'Secret Garden' will produce the drama. We expect 'Sweet Scandal' to be the best drama of the year."

'Sweet Scandal' will be written by writer Kim Ye Ri of 'Heading to the Ground', and it is expected to air in May.

< JoyNews24 >

[Reporter Jang Jin Ri]

Yoon Eun Hye and Kang Ji Hwan are confirmed to star in 'Lie To Me'

Yoon Eun Hye and Kang Ji Hwan has been cast for the leading roles of a new SBS Monday-Tuesday drama, 'Lie To Me'.

Several associates of the project revealed that Yoon Eun Hye and Kang Ji Hwan has decided to appear in 'Lie To Me'.

'Lie To Me' is a romantic comedy of a shameless scandal dealing with an unmarried woman who acts as if she is married. Yoon Eun Hye will return to the small screen after 1 year and 7 month since 'Take Care of the Young Lady', and play Gong Ah Jung in the drama, who runs into a great deal of problems with her scandal.

Kang Ji Hwan will play Hyun Ki Joon, a crude and drawn hotel conglomerate (CEO), who is mistaken as Gong Ah Jung's husband. Kang Ji Hwan will be returning to the small screen 1 year since SBS 'Coffee House'. There is a significance in that this will be Gong Ah Jung's man, Kang Ji Hwan's first project since the double contract controversy surrounding the Korea Entertainment Management Association.

'Lie To Me' will be produced by the veteran PD Kim Soo Ryong of 'Green Rose', 'Father's Home' and etc., and will be written by Kim Ye Ri of MBD 'Heading To The Ground', who was chosen through the formal SBS exhibition contest. 'Lie To Me', which had temporarily changed its title to 'Sweet Scandal', has decided on its current title and is presently preparing to begin filming.

'Lie To Me' will begin airing on May 9th, after 'Midus' ends its broadcast.

/Reporter Jang Jin Rik mari@joynews24.com

[Source: JoyNews24]

Yoon Eun Hye and Kang Ji Hwan are most likely the leading actors of 'Lie To Me

Actors Yoon Eun Hye and Kang Ji Hwan is expected to appear in a new SBS Monday-Tuesday drama, 'Lie To Me' as the main characters.

According to the associates of the project, the two actors will most likely appear in SBS Monday-Tuesday drama, 'Lie To Me', which will follow 'Midus' beginning May 9th

This will be Yoon Eun Hye's return to the small screen after 2 years since 'Take Care of the Young Lady'. Kang Ji Hwan, who has been in a double contract controversy surrounding the Korea Entertainment Association, is also reported to be thinking of the project favorably, and it seems most likely that he will return with this project.

'Lie To Me' is a story of an unmarried woman in her twenties who runs into problems after lying that she is married.

Writer Kim Ye Ri will write the script, and Kim Soo Ryong PD of 'Father's Home' and 'First Marriage', and etc. and Kwon Hyuk Chan PD of 'Secret Garden' will direct the drama. It begins airing in May.

[Source: Money Today]

Yoon Eun Hye Returns To The Small Screen After 2 Years

[NewsEn Reporter Park Young Joo]

Actors Yoon Eun Hye and Kang Ji Hwan is expected to work together in a new SBS drama 'Lie To Me'.

An associate of SBS revealed to NewsEn on the 7th, "Yoon Eun Hye has decided to appear in 'Lie To Me', which will air after 'Midus'. She has began filming since the 6th."

'Lie To Me' which has been confirmed for Yoon Eun Hye's appearance, is a romantic comedy that deals with an unmarried woman who lies to benefit from being a married woman. In particular, this will be Yoon Eun Hye's returning project, 2 years since 'Take Care of the Young Lady'.

Kang Ji Hwan is most likely to be Yoon Eun Hye's leading actor. The probability of his return with this project, since the double contract controversy surrounding Korean Entertainment Management Association, is increasing by the minute.

'Lie To Me', which has been chose through an official SBS Exhibition Contest, will be directed by Kim Soo Ryong PD of 'Green Rose', 'First Marriage', and etc, and will be written by writer Kim Ye Rin of 'Heading to the Ground'. It will begin airing on May 9th.

Park Young Joo gogogirl@newsen.com

[Source: NewsEn]

SBS, "Yoon Eun Hye is confirmed for 'Lie To Me', Kang Ji Hwan is unconfirmed"

As associate of SBS explained via telephone, "Yoon Eun Hye is confirmed to appear in 'Lie To Me'. Kang Ji Hwan, who is expected to join her is unconfirmed, but there's a high probability that he will join the project."

'Lie To Me', an upcoming May drama that is to replace 'Midus', is a scandal about the troubles of an unmarried woman who ends up lying that she is married, after being pressured for marriage.

Hence, Yoon Eun Hye will return to the small screen after 2 years since 'My Fair Lady' that aired in 2009. If Kang Ji Hwan joins the project, it will also gained attention for its his return to the small screen after a while. Many entertainer industry's insiders are considering this project as Kang Ji Hwan's return to the small screen.

Writer Kim Ye Ri will write the scenario, and Kwon Hyuk Chan PD of 'Secret Garden' will direct 'Lie To Me'. 'Lie To Me will is scheduled to begin airing on May 9th.

[Source: TV Edaily]

Yoon Eun Hye, 'Lie To Me' 女(Female) Lead Confirmed..Her opposite role is Kang Ji Hwan?

Actress Yoon Eun Hye will return to the small screen with a new SBS Mon-Tuesday drama 'Lie To Me'.

'Lie To Me' will air after the current drama 'Midus', and it's expected to draw episodes of a woman in her twenties, who gets into trouble for lying to escape from the pressure of getting married.

In particular, words of Yoon Eun Hye as the leading actress, and Kang Ji Hwan most likely to be her leading man, is creating an unusual amount of interest from the public.

Yoon Eun Hye has been involved with a movie since her last drama in 2009, KBS 2TV 'My Fair Lady'.

Han Kyung News newsinfo@hankyung.com

[Source: Korea Economics]

Yoon Eun Hye And Kang Ji Hwan Are Officially Confirmed for 'Lie To Me'

[Photo: TV Report]

[OSEN=Reporter Lee Jung Ah]Kang Ji Hwan and Yoon Eun Hye has been officially confirmed for a new SBS drama 'Lie To Me', and there's an anticipation of a charming and perfect romantic comedy.

'Lie To Me' will feature the top nobleman of Korea (Hyun Ki Joon) and the most off the wall girl of Korea in her twenties, engulfed in a sweet and confrontational scandal that results from a most absurd lie.

Kang Ji Hwan will play Hyun Ki Joon of 'Lie To Me', who not only possess the looks, wealth, education, and fashion, but also have self-esteem, responsibility, knowledge, and manners. He will be a super elite hotel CEO. Yoon Eun Hye will play a 'daughter mothers would love' character Gong Ah Jung, who is off the wall and extemporaneous but direct and determined. She will become the most lovable and diverse romantic comedies character.

Kang Ji Hwan stated, "I'm very happy to be able to greet the fans after a long time with an excellent project. I have a high expectation that I'd be able to show the fans a different image than the ones in my past projects."

The production stated, "Kang Ji Hwan has left the fans with a strong impression through his various transformations in movies and dramas. And we expect that there will be an extraordinary synergy effect just from him working with Yoon Eun Hye, who has become the representing icon of women in their 20's with her bubbly and pure, innocent charm. Yoon Eun Hye has been able to earn empathy from the viewers with her ability to instill innocent charm in her characters." The production company revealed that they are confident that the two actors will create the most successful romantic comedy drama ever with 'Lie To Me'.

'Lie To Me' will begin airing on May 9th as the drama that follows 'Midus'.

Monday-Tuesday drama broadcast in May is set.^^

SBS 'Lie To Me': Yoon Eun Hye, Kang Ji Hwan & Jo Yoon Hee, and etc.
    MBC 'Duo': Chun Jung Myung, Han Ji Hye, & etc. ~ 'Goodbye Ms. Ripley': Lee Da Hae, Kim Seung Woo, Park Yoo Chun, Kang Hye Jung, and etc.
    KBS 'Young Looking Pretty Girl': Jang Na Ra, Daniel Choi, Ryu Jin, Hyun Young, and etc.

Really good dramas lined up for May~

We will post more updates here as it is released~!!

Interview and Filming

Alternate Copy at Daily Motion

Lie to Me - Teaser #1

Alternate Copy at Daily Motion

Teaser #2

Alternate Copy at Dailymotion

Lie to Me - Teaser #3

Lie to Me - Teaser #4

Behind the Scenes (May 18, 2011)

2. Avatar Image

santaiah17

Yay !!!! Finally an official announcement. Very very Happy. Can't wait til May =D
    Anyway what were they mean by "presently preparing to begin filming", didn't they knew that LTM has already been filming :???:

5 people appreciate this post: cdbloom, wikeee, melodyfair, Mitzi (ɔ‾ з ‾)ɔ , angel aya
  3. Avatar Image

CDBloom

Hi santaiah17~!!

It's just how reporters write, don't think too much about it. They do this just for the parts they aren't sure about, in case something changes and they won't look like they reported wrong news. That's because there can always be changes. It most likely means that they will soon go into filming publicly. But since this is as close as we can know for sure we should just take it as it has been confirmed. After all, the reporter does say it is confirmed, and Korea internet portals have now uploaded the drama info with Yoon Eun Hye, Kang Ji Hwan, and Jo Yoon Hee's name as well.

4. Avatar Image

angelmhine

wow.. finally.. =D
    this is official right guys?? now
    i cant wait for this drama.. haha.. too much
    excitement.. thanks CDBLOOM..
    =P

found few more info about this new YEH's drama..lie to me

5. Avatar Image

nerian

yahhhhh
    finallllyyy
    now i'm waiting in peace :D

cr:yodga@yeh.net
    2 people appreciate this post: cdbloom, foreverangellie
  6. Avatar Image

amber

This is like the best news of the year for me.
    Can't wait until May.

2 people appreciate this post: cdbloom, kiki_vng
  7. Avatar Image

chichocs

Thanks CDBloom!!!
    You always light up my morning with some great news that make me can't stop smiling for whole day ^.^
    All warriors wish YEH for the best for her upcoming drama..we all supports u....fighting..

2 people appreciate this post: cdbloom, angelmhine
  8. Avatar Image

wikeee

wooooooow , she's along with KJH???? I like his acting on coffee house! his expression is satisfy me for watching CH.
    Definitely, this news just dragged me out of the 'yesterday-April-fool'.. ;)
    But heey, it's good this drama already has antis =P , that means many people concern abt this drama.. :lol:

1 person appreciates this post: cdbloom
  9. Avatar Image

yooniza

WOW..after MBMD..there is next..the Lie To Me drama =D
    can't wait to watch it..
    I think this is the year of YEH unni.. =D =D

10. Avatar Image

keke1208

all i can say is.... YAAAAYYYY!!!! well i do have more to say...like how can there b an anti group of a drama when the 1st episode or even a trailer has been aired yet???!!! i mean thats just crazy!!!! i get that there are antis of YEH but come on people,,, u cant really hate something when u havent even seen it yet!!! i mean i have mixed feelings about this drama bc i wanted YEH to branch out into diff areas of acting but i still support her in everything that she does and im just happy to see her in another drama...oh well..good luck to YEH and to the rest of the cast and crew

11. Avatar Image

eunhye1320

this completes my day....im so in love with these two...

i cant wait to see and know what she is doing in Thailand...maybe she is filming over there...

i cant wait to see her picture from Thailand...

Lie to Me hwaitinggggggggggggggggg

Yoon Eun Hye + Kang Ji Hwan = Coffee Couple
    2 people appreciate this post: cdbloom, angelmhine
  12. Avatar Image

angelmhine

a neri fan posted these photos..

credit to Baidu

on my own opinion.. they look good together!
    are they?? what do u think guys??
    for sure, this project will be a hit.. just like her
    previous dramas.. YEH fighting!

13. Avatar Image

merzchavez

wow..... wow.... wow
    can't wait to see this!!! i'm sure it will be another hit for our dear eunhye!
    another show which is gonna add to my collections of hers.......

14. Avatar Image

mirmir811

I have a good feeling about this. I think that this pair up could produce great chemistry. And I have good hopes for the writing and directing. I hope the script turns out great.

Obviously reporters don't want to be exact and say that Kang Ji Hwan is confirmed. But I mean, the filming has already started, so they have to have the male lead. I don't think they would start filming without the male lead, so it has to be him, right. haha

15. Avatar Image

eunchan05

wow ! Thank God another drama is confirmed !
    -- The actors are good together :)) I'm excited to see YEH unni and KJH on screen .
    - I'm so excited how great unni will portray her role =) ;)

My world is a better place! BECAUSE YOU'RE IN IT !

16. Avatar Image

Fresh02

CDBloom said:
    The production stated, "Kang Ji Hwan has left the fans with a strong impression through his various transformations in movies and dramas. And we expect that there will be an extraordinary synergy effect just from him working with Yoon Eun Hye, who has become the representing icon of women in their 20's with her bubbly and pure, innocent charm. Yoon Eun Hye has been able to earn empathy from the viewers with her ability to instill innocent charm in her characters." The production company revealed that they are confident that the two actors will create the most successful romantic comedy drama ever with 'Lie To Me'.

Wow that's a bold statement! =D Let's hope so!

Please pardon my ignorance, but is Kang Ji Hwan a big name in Korea? Is YEH finally partnered with an A-lister?

Please follow the Forum Rules and Content Usage Policy, thank you!
    4 people appreciate this post: melodyfair, cdbloom, angelmhine, yawsa
  17. Avatar Image

dumb_dumb99

Fresh02 said:
    Wow that's a bold statement! =D Let's hope so!

Please pardon my ignorance, but is Kang Ji Hwan a big name in Korea? Is YEH finally partnered with an A-lister?

No problem! I don't think he's considered an "A-lister"... yet. haha He's semi-new... correct me if I am wrong! I hope this drama fairs well! :) Can't wait... ITS BEEN THE LONGEST TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I remember I've been waiting since last april, which someone said Won Bin was doing a titanic remake w/ YEH... but that was on April Fools lol. Its been a year since this news finally came out:D IM EXCIITEDDD

18. Avatar Image

Mitzi (ɔ‾ з ‾)ɔ

eeeexxxxccciiittteeedddd !!!! :)
    they look so goooood together =)
    i read on some sites they were called "COFFEE COUPLE"
    :) of course because YEH did Coffee Prince and KJH did Coffee House (:

i'm supeeerr excited..!! haha ..
    (it's obvious)
    :wacko:

“ I’d like to show my talents little by little, but the unfortunate thing is that a lot of people don’t want to give me time for failure. I’d like to learn more as I experience failure too. I wish people would not brand an actor as a failure through one mistake.”--Yoon Eun Hye

2 people appreciate this post: cdbloom, LanaRC
  19. Avatar Image

chichocs

Kang Ji Hwan is quite famous since his role as hong gil dong......I'm very happy they will partner n I'm sure n believe YEH will do great job on this...but I'm still doubt about the story,the writer n director....I don't want the story will end up like MFL n viewers blame YEH for that...I just pray pray for the best...YEH fighting!!

20. Avatar Image

eunhye1320

by the way, sis Mari at soompi just said this...i wonder if its true or not

People are now saying that they saw YEH filming or taking picture with another actor at a resort in Thailand...It may be with Won Bin for LG Beyond. Kang Ji Hwan was seen filming for 'Lie To Me' in Seoul today.

cr: sis Mari@Soompi

Yoon Eun Hye + Kang Ji Hwan = Coffee Couple
    5 people appreciate this post: mirmir811, keke1208, 윤은혜 Agasshi, eunchan05, angelmhine